[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ARSCLIST] AV Media Preservation Program - Stipend Deadline Approaching
- To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [ARSCLIST] AV Media Preservation Program - Stipend Deadline Approaching
- From: "Andrews, Kim" <Kandrews@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 10:01:21 -0400
- Comments: To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, ARLIS-L@LSV.UKY.EDU, DLDG-L@LISTSERV.INDIANA.EDU, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- List-archive: <http://listserv.loc.gov/cgi-bin/wa?LIST=ARSCLIST>
- List-help: <http://listserv.loc.gov/cgi-bin/wa?LIST=ARSCLIST>, <mailto:LISTSERV@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV?body=INFO ARSCLIST>
- List-owner: <mailto:ARSCLIST-request@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:ARSCLIST-subscribe-request@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:ARSCLIST-unsubscribe-request@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV>
- Message-id: <0EBF8018C232B34681C837CF3DC8344821D596@fs2.CCAHA2.local>
- Reply-to: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx>
- Thread-index: AcjEuSKf47d2t6OGS8Kht902GxGtaA==
- Thread-topic: AV Media Preservation Program - Stipend Deadline Approaching
Deadline Approaching! Stipend applications must be postmarked by June 9,
Is your institution eligible for our stipend to offset attendance costs?
A Race Against Time: Preserving Our Audiovisual Media
Presented by the Conservation Center for Art and Historic Artifacts
July 24 and 25, 2008
Lead Speaker, Alan Lewis, Audiovisual Archives Consultant, Washington,
David Ackerman, Audio Preservation Engineer, Eda Kuhn Loeb Music
Library, Harvard College Library, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
George Blood, President, Safe Sound Archive, Philadelphia, PA
Tom Clareson, Program for New Initiatives, PALINET, Philadelphia, PA
Sarah Stauderman, Preservation Manager and Archives Conservator,
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Washington, DC
CCAHA is pleased to offer a limited number of stipends of up to $750 to
help defray travel, lodging, and registration costs associated with
attending A Race Against Time: Preserving Our Audiovisual Media.
Detailed program and stipend application information is on the
downloadable brochure at http://www.ccaha.org/workshop_cal.php .
* Individuals must work in a non-profit institution that is open
to the public with an annual operating budget of less than $500,000.
* Preference will be given to those applicants who are directly
responsible for the care of the audiovisual materials collected by their
* Stipend applications must be postmarked by June 9, 2008.
Applicants must submit: one-page letter of interest; a brief
institutional profile or brochure; a brief description of audiovisual
materials held by the institution; proof of tax-exempt status; the
institution's most recent financial report; a letter of support from the
institution's director or board president; and the applicant's resume.
Applicants will be notified of the status of their application four
weeks prior to the program. For additional information on the program
and the stipend application process, please download the brochure at
The fee for this two-day program is $200. Funders for this program
include the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) and the
Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
In partnership with PALINET
Local cosponsors include Simmons College Graduate School of Library and
Information Science; Weissman Preservation Center, Harvard University
Library and Preservation & Imaging Services and Eda Kuhn Loeb Music
Library, Harvard College Library; and the Northeast Document
Download the brochure at http://www.ccaha.org/workshop_cal.php and apply
for a stipend or register now!
For more information, contact the Conservation Center for Art and
Historic Artifacts: call 215-545-0613, email pso@xxxxxxxxx or visit
Preservation Services Officer
CONSERVATION CENTER for Art and Historic Artifacts
264 S. 23rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Are you a member institution of the Conservation Center? Click here
<http://www.ccaha.org/index.php/support/member> to become a member and
take advantage of our great member benefits!