Here below, please find the Call For Papers for International
of Sound and Audiovisual Archives' (IASA) next conference, 20-25
Welcome to Athens !
Jacqueline von Arb
- Vice President, IASA - International Association of Sound and
- Director, Norwegian Institute of Recorded Sound (Norsk Lydinstitutt,
- General Manager, MemNor Audio Archiving Services (www.memnor.no)
Norsk Lydinstitutt is a partner of the EU-project Memories (
2009 IASA CONFERENCE:
?Towards a new kind of Archive?
The Digital Philosophy in Audiovisual Archives?
CALL FOR PAPERS
Submission Deadline: January 30th 2009
The Organising Committee of the IASA 2009 Annual Conference invites
presentation proposals for the 40th IASA Annual Conference, to be held
September 20-25, 2009, in Athens, Greece, hosted by the Hellenic
Presentation proposals are due January 30th, 2009, on the following
· Archives, Libraries and Museums. Moment of Truth - Time to
· The disappearing Archive I: the loss of physical substance
· The disappearing Archive II: aging and physical
· The disappearing Archive III: obsolete carriers but no replay
· Born to die? Selection policies in the 21st century
· Between archivists and users, taking advantage of the archive
· Digital preservation and audiovisual preservation: Is there a
· 40 years of IASA
· The role of the National Audiovisual Archives
· Archiving the web and the new media audiovisual content
· Ethics of digital archives
Please find all conference information as well as the submission
Presenters will be notified of acceptance by March 15, 2009.
For any further information or question please contact the Organising
Committe and the conference adminitsrator through the emails posted