[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
REVISED DIRECTIONS TO BAPNET MEETING
- To: bap@lists.Stanford.EDU
- Subject: REVISED DIRECTIONS TO BAPNET MEETING
- From: Richard Boyden <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 06 Mar 1996 13:23:29 -0500
- Message-Id: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-bap@lists.Stanford.EDU
Greetings. Marilyn McDonald has just sent me the bylaws which I am
forwarding here. Also, I went over to Oakland to check out the viablity
of our directions and have some revisions, the most important of which
pertain to parking, because the old ones are quite wrong and incomplete.
1. Name of Organization: Bay Area Preservation Network (BAPNet)
2. Purpose: BAPNet seeks to:
1) raise institutional awareness of preservation issues through
educational materials and briefings directed towards managers
and policy makers;
2) create cooperative programs, including a mutual assistance
pact, for disaster planning and response;
3) encourage preservation education by presenting public
programs, training workshops, and other activities;
4) foster communication among conservators, librarians, records
managers, and archivists by providing a common forum for the
exchange of preservation ideas and methods; and
5) help libraries, archives, museums, and related institutions
to seek funding for preservation projects and activities.
3. Membership: Personal and institutional members in good standing.
Dues paying members will be in good standing
4. Officers: chair, vice-chair, secretary and treasurer
5. Duties of Officers:
Chair: Presides at all meetings, act as chief administrative
officer, serves ex-officio on all committees.
Vice Chair: Presides in the absence of the chair, chairs
Secretary: keeps records of proceedings, keeps minutes of all
meetings, responds and maintains correspondence
Treasurer: Keeps accounts of the organization, maintains the
6. Executive Committee: Consists of chair, vice-chair, secretary,
treasurer and chairs of standing committees.
Standing Committees: Established by executive board and
ratified by a vote of the membership. Committee chairs
appointed by chair to serve two years. Committee members
appointed by the chair of the committee to serve for two years.
Can be discontinued by vote of executive committee and
ratification of the membership.
Ad hoc Committees: Appointed by the chair and stand until
duties are completed.
8. Terms of Service:
All officers and standing committee chairs/members serve for
A nominating committee of at least three members with the
secretary as chair will be appointed by the vice-chair to present
a slate of officers to be voted on by the members at their annual
meeting. Nominations may be made from the floor at the annual
Elections will be held at the annual meeting. If two or more
candidates are nominated for one office, election will be by
ballot at the annual meeting.
In case of vacancy of the chair, the vice-chair will succeed and
serve the rests of the chair's term. The secretary will become
the chair of the nominating committee.
All other vacancies will be appointed by the chair for the term
10. Meetings: BAPNet will hold at least one general membership meeting
per year. Written notice of the annual meeting must be sent to all
members at least 30 days before the meeting. Electronic transmission is
11. Quorum: The members attending the annual meeting will be
considered to form a quorum.
12. Dues: Dues will be proposed by the executive committee and voted
on by a majority of the membership at the annual meeting.
13. Amendments: Amendments to the Bylaws will be approved by 2/3 of
the members attending the annual meeting. Written notice of proposed
Bylaw amendments must be sent to all members at least 30 days before
the annual meeting. Electronic transmission is acceptable.
Dues: Annual Dues will be $10 each year payable by July of the current
We should approve standing committees also:
These committees need a purpose and function statement of two of
Any other standing committees that we think we need. Ad hoc
committees can be appointed at any time and may either end or become
I generally think that it is very easy to have too many standing
Oakland Federal Building, North Tower, Conference Room D
Take BART to the Oakland City Center-12th Street station.
Follow the signs for the 13th and Broadway exit, then exit at sign "John
B. Williams PLaza", walk up the stairs and walk west through the Plaza,
then cross Clay Street to the Federal Building.
*City Center West Garage, 12th and Jefferson $1.10 per hour
*Clay Street Garage, Clay St. between 14th and 15th St., $0.75 per hour
*Oakland Convention Center, 11th St at Clay, $0.75 per hour
*City Center Garage, the closest, under the Plaza, enter either on 12th St.
or 14th St., between Clay and Broadway, $1.20 an hour
*Downtown Merchants, 13th and Franklin, $0.75 per hour
This message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list
server. If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the
message body of "unsubscribe bap" to firstname.lastname@example.org