List Internet Chat

Yesterday I sent the instructions for joining in on our first internet chat,
or virtual book arts seminar as I prefer to call it, to all of you again. I
hope many of you will join us in what will be alot of fun, hopefully, and
informative as well. The initial topic will be Book Arts in the Electronic
Age or how all this techie stuff influences us, good or bad. I have no
guarantee that this topic will stick all the way through the hour chat as I
encourage attendees to suggest other topics as well. I will be moderating
this session if for no other reason than to keep some resemblence of order.
With many people trying to talk at the same time it gets confusing all around.

A few other tips. We now have two rooms. When you enter the room, you will
see that there is another room to the north. TO get into it type: north
Nothing else and it will bring you into that room which has some nice
features such as an exhibit case, a coffee bar, tables... To see those type
you sit at any of these your comments will only be heard by those at your
table... To speak to everyone type: stand You will then be standing and
everyone can hear you.

Before you speak I will as you to type: :raise hand This indicates the
action you typed, ie Peter raises hand. I will then recognize you in turn....

I have much more detailled instructions than this which I will happily send
anyone. Please email me directly though, or I may just post them to COOL and
you can pull them off the archive.

If you have the time, please login at anytime and explore. You can't damage
anything....

Peter
Syracuse University Library               <email>pdverhey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Syracuse, NY 13244                <Listowner>Book_Arts-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx