'Counter'/The University of Iowa Center for the Book

Hello All,
'Counter', published by the University of Iowa Center for the Book, has articles
and reviews concerning the History of the Book and the Arts and Technologies of
the Book, two worlds so close yet so far apart. Topics are hopefully of interest
to readers in both general felds. Our frst issue was 12pp, our second 16pp, and
our third, which is at the printers and should reach mailboxes by Thankgiving,
is 24pp. 'Counter' may continue to grow, perhaps into a journal. The publication
is supported by Friends of the UICB, and one may become a Friend by writing to
us at:
University of Iowa Center for the Book
366 English-Philosophy Building
Iowa City, IA 52242

Friends will receive a year's worth of 'Counter'-three or four issues-and those
who give $75 or $100 will receive keepsakes. The Friends levels are: Donor,$100;
Sponsor, $75; Contributor, $50; and Regular, $25. Donations are used to
compensate the writers, pay for publication and postage, and if things keep
going like they have, provide scholarships and program support for our
developing Graduate Certifcate in Book Studies/Book Arts & Technologies.

We have received many kind letters concerning 'Counter 1' and 'Counter 2', and
hope readers will continue to tell us what they would like to see in future
issues. Everyone is welcome to submit articles and reviews. We have no set
compensation schedule as of yet, but please write for further details.

Did I say Graduate Certifcate? Nothing to report right now, but I will post all
the details as soon as they are available.
Respectfully yours,

Suzanne Micheau
Program Assistant, Assistant Editor, Offce Manager, occasional paper monkey,
amateur bookmaker
University of Iowa Center for the Book
centerforbook@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To paraphrase Walter Hamady, from his talk at The University of Northern Iowa
Wednesday night,'Our best asset is the time we haven't spent yet.'
319-335-0447,