Books and Homepage changes

Morning all.

I'm one of those people who buys every bookbinding manual, exhibition
catalog or similar text they can't afford. Yesterday I received two, both of
which were advertised by Karen Crisalli of the Bookbinder's Warehouse
recently. One book in particular struck me, Cover to Cover by Shereen
LaPlantz. In it I was able to see for the first time pictures of books by a
number of subscribers to the list, and I liked what I saw. They are to be
congratulated.

Joanna Drucker's book, sold by Granary Books is also one of my recent
aquisitions (the best Christmas presents are those I give myself) is another
book well worth aquiring. I found it well written, nice illustrations and
nicely laid out. Well worth the price.

On a different note, I redesigned the Book Arts Links section of my (our)
homepage. Primarily this involved dividing the links into more logical
sections. Claire Van Vliets book was moved to the Gallery. New links added
include the Chicago Calligraphy Collective, World Wide Scribes, Modern FIne
Printing and just today, the Yale University Library's Arts of the Book
Collection homepage. Scott Kellar is also represented in the Gallery with
two of his origninal bindings. I am accepting submissions and home more will
take advantage of this. If you would like to, contact me directly about details.

The url is: http://web.syr.edu/~pdverhey

Check them out when you get a chance.

I would also like to do another internet chat and am solicting topics and
suggestions for a time to do it.

Peter
Syracuse University Library               <email>pdverhey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Syracuse, NY 13244                <Listowner>Book_Arts-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx