Re: Book cloth

At 02:49 PM 11/30/95 EST, Michael F. Copado wrote:
>Maureen,
>This may sound wierd, but there is some sort of product that
>seamstresses and people who sew use, to attach fabric appliques
>to other pieces of fabric.

The product to which you are refering is  called "Stitch "Witchery"". I have
used it sucessfully onn some ratheer delicate fabrics to bond tissue for
non-bleed thtough gluing. Directions are right on the product. The material,
they say is 100% polyamide. Don't know about its archival quality. Although
the directions say to use steam, I have always used a dry iron with good
bonding.
     Dave Walkden
dwalkden@xxxxxxxxxx