Ridding books of fish odor (fwd)

Thought someone on this list might have a suggestion !

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 1996 15:21:55 -0800 (PST)
From: Linda Hendrick <lhendric@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: stumpers-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Ridding books of fish odor

I am requesting help for a fellow librarian.  A local public library was
given an unusual gift in it's book drop.  A dead fish was stuffed into
the drop and several of the books and video tape are very stinky. The
library staff has tried many ways of getting rid of the smell with poor
results.  Any ideas would be welcome and I will pass them on to those
tired of holding their noses.  This library in question is on the sea,
but really!
Thanks.

Linda Hendrick       lhendric@xxxxxxxxxxx*
Skagit Valley College Library            *
1205 E. College Way                      *
Mount Vernon, WA 98273                   *
(360) 428-1087                           *