Re: LOC Box Book

We have a copy of "Boxes for the Protection of Rare Books: Their Design and
Construction", which I think is probably the book you're referring to. It is a
Library of Congress, National Preservation Program Publication. The
author/compiler is Margaret Brown. Our copy is 1982, I don't know if there is a
newer edition. It comes 3-hole punched, so you can put it in a binder. I'm not
sure where we got ours but it says on it that it's for sale by the
Superintendent of Documents, U.S. Gov't Printing Office, Wash., DC 20402. $18
in '83. ISBN 0-8444-0365-2.  It covers book enclosures and portfolio boxes.
Karen Lightner
Rare Book Department
The Free Library of Philadelphia
lightnerk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx