[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Hardware and printed inserts for handmade books.

If you go to hardware stores you can get "rivet guns." The rivet look like a
nail with a ferrule at the base. The way it works is that you insert this
"nail" through the holes you want to connect. You then slip the gun over the
nail and squeeze, cutting of the nail and riveting the pcs together. I think
they're quite cheap, but I could be wrong.


>Coincidentally, I just researched the very topic of where to obtain the
>"hardware" for looseleaf bindings.  The results are at home, where I'm
>not, so I'll bring them in over the weekend or on Monday.
>My next problem is going to be how to attach them!
>Lavinia Adler
Peter D. Verheyen                                       <wk> 315.443.9937
Conservation Librarian                                  <fax>315.443.9510
Syracuse University Library               <email>pdverhey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Syracuse University                    <www>http://web.syr.edu/~pdverhey/
Syracuse, NY 13244                <Listowner>Book_Arts-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]