For our new members and some of the older ones

Well the number of subscribers is hovering around 625 and we've had an
unprecedented amount of activity this past month with 219 postings compared
to 1186 last year(total). Not bad.

For those interested, the Book_Arts-L archives are located on the web at
http://palimpsest.stanford.edu. This is the home of CoOL (Conservation
Online). We are located under "mailing lists" about halfway down Walter's
list of offerings. Here you will find these instructions on permanent
display, the list archives as well as 2 links to my homepage which has links
(constantly updated) to other bookish sites and the list of subscribers.
There is also a "Book Arts Gallery", to which images of bindings by Scott
Kellar and links to other members personal gallery pages have been added as
well as some other treats such as exhibits at the Women in the Book Arts (at
the Wellesley College Library - Special Collections) and some of Philip
Smith's bindings from the Simon Fraser University Library. New links are
constantly being added to the "Book Arts Links" section as well. Recent
additions are a POP-UP page as well as papermaking tutorial. Check them out
if you can. To directly get to my
page point your browser at http://web.syr.edu/~pdverhey/. We have also had 2
"internet chats" thus far and plan to have more. Instructions for logon are
can be found in the Links section.

The Guild of Book Workers pages have been entirely redone. In them you can
now find links to some of the chapters as well as the complete "Study
Opportunities List" where you will find a large number of fellow book
artists offering instruction in all areas of the book arts. It is accessible
through the "Book Arts Links" section.

Enjoy,
Peter

About Book_Arts-L

Book_Arts-L is a mailing list based at Syracuse University, and managed by
Peter Verheyen who founded it in July of 1994. It currently claims over 575
subscribers worldwide. While a good number are practicing bookbinders and
book-artists, there are also marblers, papermakers, printers, collectors,
curators in libraries, and people just interested in our wide and varied field.

The list remains unmoderated and all members are free to post anything they
feel might be of interest to others. We do ask that you keep your postings
on subject though. This has included everything from discussions such as
what is a book, to technical Q&A, to offerings of services and supplies by
vendors. If you are interested in subscribing to Book_Arts-L send a message
to  listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx The message should read:

                     subscribe Book_Arts-L Your Name

You will then receive a message telling you how to change you subscription
options.

To receive a copy of your postings send the message: set Book_Arts-L mail
repro. By default you DO NOT receive copies of your postings.

To postpone your mail, for vacation, send the message:
                    set Book_Arts-L nomail

To receive your postings again later, send the message:
                    set Book_Arts-L mail repro

To receive a larger message every day or so, instead of many small
ones, send the message:
                    set Book_Arts-L mail digest

To unsubscribe send the message:
                    unsub Book_Arts-L

These messages should all be sent to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All this information is also available via the web in the Book_Arts-L
Archive accessible through "our" homepage. The url is:
http://web.syr.edu/~pdverhey, then "links", then Book_Arts-L.
Syracuse University Library               <email>pdverhey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Syracuse, NY 13244                <Listowner>Book_Arts-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx