Re: Books In Sheets for Poor Students

You could check out some of the book arts supply catalogues, like Colophon
Supply (Olympia, WA).  They often have books in sheets, though again, they
are not generaly what I would call cheap.

When I first studied bookbinding I learned to take old books apart and
rebind them.  We mostly used books from before world war II, since the
glues used then are easier to dissolve.  And it is pretty satisfying to
take something apart and then remake it to your own standards.

Good luck with your class,

Emily-Jane Dawson
Marine Sciences, Biology, IMS
University of California