Re: Nipping presses and equipment

I made a cheap bookpress for pressing boards when I rebacked leather books-
I welded 2 inch square tubing into a rectangle 2 by 3 feet aprox. with 2 braces
from corners to middle.  Then got a hydralick car bottle jack from an auto store
about 15 dollars, along with some metal plates and 2by4s-and weld some
flat iorn on the bottom of press so it will stand up.put plates on 2by4 then
book
,then metal plates then jack, and it works great.
a metal fabrication shop could make it fairly cheap.