Toner Stability

I have tortured my HP LasetJet IIID in various ways over the
years, stuffing heavy paper and cardstock into it whether or not
it wanted to take it. I've found two methods that help in making
toner stick. I: do the job after you've printed a relatively long
document, so the fuser is hot. II: run your heavy sheet through
the copier and print it blank; then immediately run it through
again printing your job on it. The first run through warms up the
paper and helps to make the toner stick.
        I've tried running jobs through again after printing
them, but I've found that this method tends to sticky up the
innards of my printer. -tb

--
Terry Belanger  :  University Professor  :   University of Virginia
Book Arts Press : 114 Alderman Library : Charlottesville, VA  22903