Re: design printers

As the Curator of an Arts of the Book Collection I find identifying the
printer of a hand produced work to be extremely important!  It helps with
researching the history of the work, with studying what sort of work was
being done at a given time in a given locale, etc.  Let me also comment that I
fear that the printer in question must have some sort of an inferiority
complex and I hope that this printer can be encouraged to take more pride in
his/her work.
Louis H. Silverstein

Louis H. Silverstein, Curator
Arts Of The Book Collection, Sterling Memorial Library
P.O. BOX 208240  NEW HAVEN, CT. 06520-8240
E-MAIL: SILVERS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
FAX: 203-432-7231
               LIVING WELL IS THE BEST REVENGE!