[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Mold question.
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Mold question.
- From: Artemis Bonadea <artemisb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 1 May 1996 08:55:49 -0800
- In-reply-to: <199605010548.BAA24252@listserv.syr.edu>
- Message-id: <199605011646.MAA13900@listserv.syr.edu>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
a recent posting concerning mold included the option of treating the book
in a microwave oven (the author of the posting did not endorse this
concept). I broached the subject of a microwave oven in another posting
and received *OVERWHELMING* negative advice/opinions to the possibility as
always detrimental to the book. Unless someone has some *proven*
positive ways to use microwave ovens (and I mean really, really proven,
over time) I don't think we should be even putting them forward as an
option for conservation treatment.
Artemis BonaDea, Conservation Technician
Alaska State Library
Juneau, AK 99811