[Table of Contents] [Search]


[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Mold question.



a recent posting concerning mold included the option of treating the book
in a microwave oven (the author of the posting did not endorse this
concept).  I broached the subject of a microwave oven in another posting
and received *OVERWHELMING* negative advice/opinions to the possibility as
always detrimental to the book.  Unless someone has some *proven*
positive ways to use microwave ovens (and I mean really, really proven,
over time) I don't think we should be even putting them forward as an
option for conservation treatment.

Artemis BonaDea, Conservation Technician
Alaska State Library
Box 110571
Juneau, AK  99811

907/465-2924 (voice)
907/465-2990 (fax)
artemisb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]