[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: NY Workshop
- From: Solveig Schumann <sschumann@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 6 May 1996 09:46:50 -0400
- Message-id: <199605061348.JAA23433@listserv.syr.edu>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Friday and Saturday, May 17th and 18th, from 10am to 4:30pm, designer
binder Tini Miura will teach a workshop on Leather Onlay for the NY Chapter
of the Guild of Book Workers.
Tini Miura's work can be found collections around the world, and she has
exhibited her work more than thirty five times on three continents. She
devotes part of the year to teaching upcoming designer binders what she
learned from old European masters with whom she studied. Tini has published
three books on her work and on binding and has been featured on several
television documentaries. She is currently the Executive Director of the
American Academy of Bookbinding in Telluride, Colorado.
The fee for this two-day workshop is $125 for NY Chapter members, $135 for
nonmembers and there is a $25 materials fee. Space is limited! Please call
me at (212) 876-8200 x363 for more information or to register.