BOOK ARTS AUCTION TUESDAY MAY 14

I haven't cross-posted this (just sent to Book_Arts-L), so if anybody wants

to post it to other lists, it would be appreciated.

I just got the preliminary printout of the auction catalog, and there are
many wonderful items of interest to the book arts community. Here's the
info (at the bottom I've mentioned a few items). MAIL-IN (or FAX) BIDS ARE
ACCEPTED!! (but it's more fun to be there and see everybody). It's NEXT
TUESDAY.

     Center for Book Arts
     BENEFIT AUCTION

     May 14, 1996
     6 to 8:30 p.m.

     Swann Galleries
     104 East 25th Street
     New York City

     The preview reception with hors d'oeuvres & libations begins at 6 p.m.

     Silent Auction ongoing
     Live Auction begins at 7 p.m.

     Tickets available from Center for Book Arts
     $35 per person
     Phone 212 460-9768 to reserve your tickets
     Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Optima
     or send your check to
     Center for Book Arts
     626 Broadway
     New York, NY   10012

     If you want to get a FREE catalog of what's in the auction, call
212-460-9768.
     MAIL-IN (or FAX) BIDS ARE ACCEPTED!!

Some of the items are:
Books about Books and Bookmakers
Leather Bindings and albums
Prints--woodcuts, etchings, lithos
Handmade Paper
Signed lithograph of Marilyn Monroe by Bert Stern
Many artists books, limited edition letterpress, offset, illustrated, and
unique books
Munsell's "Grammar of Color" (1921)
Original photographic prints
Bookbinding exhibition catalogs from the Grolier Club
Books about the Fine Press Movement
A stamped pigskin folio binding dated 1586 (with pasteboards made of
incunabula pages)
Original drawings for Bazooka Joe comics
1870 Bond for the Central Park Fund (and other beautiful bonds)
Dinner for two at the Pierre Hotel
3 vol. Dante (London 1819) in full calf with marbled edges
German antiquarian books
Erotica
Wood Engravings by John De Pol
Roy Lichtenstein Paper Plate
Many services-- from haircuts to bookbinding lessons for two with Hedi Kyle

(includes meals and lodging), graphic design, personalized bookplates, or a

dinner party in your home
and much more...

--

Richard