Artists' book yearbook

Greetings - I just received a flyer from the Magpie Press in England
advertising the 1996 - 1997 Artist's Book Yearbook (ABYB), edited by Tanya
Peixoto, John Bently and Stephanie Brown.

According to the flyer, the yearbook includes information on Book Art
courses, details of exhibitions and bookworks produced since 1995, useful
updated addresses for practitioners.

ABYB will focus on Visual language in books, the page as location,
Russian contemporary artists' books, with interviews, articles and
reviews by critics, art historians and practitioners.

Until July 7, 31, 1996 the price is 6.50 pounds sterling plus 4.00 pounds
sterling for USA surface mail.  The order form states that foreign
orders must be in pound sterling drawn on a British bank and include postage
and handling.  After August 1, the prince will be 10 pounds sterling
plus postage and handling.

I've had success getting the current exchange rated from a local bank as
well as getting English currency to send.  (Yes, I know, you're not
supposed to send currency through the mail but it's worked so far and
it's all I could think of when they won't accept American checks.)  The
Postal Service also sells overseas money orders but you can't send your
order form with the money order.

I bought last year's ABYB and enjoyed it very much.

Magpie Press
1. Hermitage Cottage
Clamp Hill
Stanmore, Middx
HA7 3JW  England

Artemis BonaDea, Conservation Technician
Alaska State Library
Box 110571
Juneau, AK  99811

907/465-2924 (voice)