Pop-Up World: WWW Exhibition

From: "Michael Joseph" <mjoseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, has recently mounted a WEB
exhibition of pop up books. Some of the specimens are of 19th century English
and American vintage with illustrations by Ernest Nister, Voitech Kubasta and
others, and some more modern works with illustrations by Robert Sabuda, Chuck
Morris and others. In all the exhibition includes about 60 images of pop up
book illustration, a checklist, a checklist of the Pop exhibition irl, a brief
history of pop up books by Ann Montanaro (whose collection this exhibit
represents), and some links to other pop up material scattered about online.
The name of the exhibition is The POP UP WORLD of Ann Montanaro. (She would
probably want me to indicate this was not her choice.) The url:

http://www.rutgers.edu/rulib/spcol/montanar/p-ex.htm

<<<<<     NOTE: A LINK TO THIS HAS BEEN PLACED IN THE BOOK ARTS GALLERY

<<<<<<<<                   <http://web.syr.edu/~pdverhey>

Thanks,
--
Michael Joseph
Rare Book and Jerseyana Catalog Librarian

        voice: 908-445-5904
                emai: mjoseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                fax : 908-445-5888

Syracuse University Library               <email>pdverhey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx