Re: Copyright

At 1:40 PM 5/14/96, Emily-Jane Dawson wrote:

>one copy (of your work).  I believe this falls under the part of the law
>which allows us all to make one copy of anything for our own personal use.

This sounds more to me like a university library's policy regarding
allowing students to make photocopies of published works than a true
reflection of American or international law on copyright.

I am not an expert, but my understanding of copyright law here in Canada is
that, in a nutshell, the creator of a work owns all rights associated with
that work. Any unauthorized use or copying is an infringement of the
creator's copyrights.

Mary Firth
mfirth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx