List / WWW FAQ

"Our" homepage is at <http://web.syr.edu/~pdverhey>. There you will find a
constantly updated list of bookarts links and resources including tutorials
as well as a bookarts gallery with exhibits of some subscribers works and
others which I happen upon.

For those interested, the Book_Arts-L archives are located on the web at
<http://palimpsest.stanford.edu>. This is the home of CoOL (Conservation
Online). We are located under "mailing lists" about halfway down Walter's
list of offerings. You can also link to them from the "Book Arts Links"
page. Here you will find these instructions on permanent display, the list
archives.

The upcoming Guild of Book Workers exhibit PAPER will  be on display later
in the Summer. That exhibit will feature ca. 21 bindings of the Thomases
sample book of handmade (western) papers from the US. It can also be viewed
live at Scripps College, The University of Rochester, Columbia College
Chicago Center for Book and Paper Arts, and Ohio University. THe catalog is
being offered at the special pre-publication sale price of $18 until Sept 1.
If you order before then, you will also receive a free copy of the
exhibition catalog, 80 Years Later. The order form is at our homepage. If
you don't have access to the web, send a message to Karen Crisalli at the
Bookbinder's Warehouse who is handling the orders. Her email is
KarenC5071@xxxxxxxx

Enjoy,
Peter "Spider" Verheyen

About Book_Arts-L

Book_Arts-L is a mailing list based at Syracuse University, and managed by
Peter Verheyen.It was founded it in July of 1994. It currently claims over 600
subscribers worldwide. While a good number are practicing bookbinders and
book-artists, there are also marblers, papermakers, printers, collectors,
curators in libraries, and people just interested in our wide and varied field.

The list remains unmoderated and all members are free to post anything they
feel might be of interest to others. We do ask that you keep your postings
on subject though. This has included everything from discussions such as
what is a book, to technical Q&A, to offerings of services and supplies by
vendors. If you are interested in subscribing to Book_Arts-L send a message
to  listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx The message should read:

                     subscribe Book_Arts-L Your Name

You will then receive a message telling you how to change you subscription
options.

To receive a copy of your postings send the message: set Book_Arts-L mail
repro. By default you DO NOT receive copies of your postings.

To postpone your mail, for vacation, send the message:
                    set Book_Arts-L nomail

To receive your postings again later, send the message:
                    set Book_Arts-L mail repro

To receive a larger message every day or so, instead of many small
ones, send the message:
                    set Book_Arts-L mail digest

To unsubscribe send the message:
                    unsub Book_Arts-L

These messages should all be sent to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All this information is also available via the web in the Book_Arts-L
Archive accessible through "our" homepage. The url is:
http://web.syr.edu/~pdverhey, then "links", then Book_Arts-L.

Syracuse University Library               <email>pdverhey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Syracuse, NY 13244                <Listowner>Book_Arts-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx