North Redwoods Book Arts Conference

The North Redwoods Books Arts Guild is sponsoring a Book Arts
Conference June 20-23.  Although the conference itself is nearly
full, there is space available in both the pre- and post-
workshops.

Reg Beatty will teach a 3 day pre-conference workshop June 17-19
"Long, Link and Everything in Between."  Reg will instruct the
incredible variety of longstitch and linkstitch combinations.
You will build a collection of patterns on a 'Sampler Book,' then
design an individual pattern and sew it through a wooden spine
with buttons or beads and a handmade paper cover with flap and
ties. (Registration $145 plus $45 materials fee)

Carol Barton will teach a 3 day post-conference workshop June 24-
26 "Sculptural Bookbinding."  You will discover the sculptural
book by exploring pop-up forms and three dimensional bindings.
The course will cover basics: sewing, wrapping covers, folding
accordion formats, tunnel, carousel, and other novelty
structures. Numerous sculptural artists' books will be presented
is a slide lecture. (Registration $145 plus $40 materials fee)

The conference will be held on the Humboldt State University
campus in Arcata, California (270 miles north of San Francisco,
or 90 miles south of the Oregon border.  We are situated on the
coast and in the middle of the redwoods.  Campus apartments are
available including 3 meals/day for less than $50/day.  If you
are interested, please e-mail me directly and I will send you a
brochure.

dguffey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx