[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: New Art Examiner
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: New Art Examiner
- From: Daria <dherlihy@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 14:33:33 -0500
- Message-id: <199605201825.OAA28979@listserv.syr.edu>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Dear Jeff: It's always mind stretching to get involved in the great world
of rhetoric and discourse and art criticism. Some of the prophecies will
come true, but.... Many people will continue to work at the business of
art, many people will make art for art's sake ( for pete's sake!)
and many methodical, caring perfectionists will do fine craft....I doubt if
interests will change...BUT that which is in vogue, "in", touted, or held up
to the public as the latest thing to invest in...that will always change.
Yup, there's always a universe of hope.