Re: Copyright

  I read Jack Thompson's posting with great interest. I hope he will let
us know what response he gets from the publishers about the copyright
arrangements for his article.  I, too, am involved with some academic
press publications for which I will receive no payment and retain no
copyright for my contributions.  This seems to be a common practice, and
it seems to me that each of us will have to decide for him or herself
at what point the public exposure of his or her work, be it art, writing,
or design, ceases to be an opportunity and becomes exploitation.
  Good luck, Jack, and I commend your resolution.
Dorothy Africa
africa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx