pva glue

i have some 17 century sermons that have a paper wrap that was glued with
lineco white neutral ph white glue the factory claims it is fully
reversible-i am sure it is pva --i want to detatch the covers and do it with
wheat paste as the value is reduced if not pasted into wraps. is this
possible to reverse some pva-about 6 months old-?

i - is there a special reason why hot hide glue is no longer used?  I believe
>>the purists are still using it?  Or am I 20 yhears behind the 8 ball.
>>Lilias at Saltwinds
>
>Yes, there is still a place for hot hide glue.  However, there are problems
>with hide glue, used alone.  It is too stiff on drying.  For that reason,
>it is a good idea to add some starch paste (wheat starch is what I use) to
>hot hide glue to increase flexibility in the adhesive film.
>
>For the same reason, one may add methyl cellulose to a cooked (wheat)
>starch paste.  It increases flexibility. Methyl cellulose cannot be added
>to hot hide glue (it will precipitate out).
>
>Adhesives should be chosen to accomodate the task and materials at hand.
>There are no single, simple answers.
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>Jack
>
>                             Jack C. Thompson
>                    Thompson Conservation Laboratory
>                   The Caber Press * Istor Productions
>                             7549 N. Fenwick
>                           Portland, OR  97217
>                        503/735-3942 (voice/fax)
>                    jct@xxxxxxxx * tcl@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>                http://www.teleport.com/~tcl/index.html
>
>              "Is a half-wit herbalist only parseley sage?"
>                                        Don Guyot, 1996

                                            Brought to you by WWWebMasters
(204.214.98.131) and
                                              SOFIE at the GEARS Project's
OASIS (204.214.98.130)

                 We build Internet access points of presence in rural areas
for communities, investors,
                 non-profit organizations, and members general public welfare.

                                                                    Local
Access.... Global Reach!