[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Quest for a bookbinder
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Quest for a bookbinder
- From: vosberg <vosberg@xxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 08:18:25 -0300
- Comments: MiNet - Maritime Internet Services - 506-652-3624
- Message-id: <199606131119.HAA19436@listserv.syr.edu>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I have been a silent observer since Mar. and have learned a great deal about
book arts. Discussions have been interesting and at times very "hot"!
Thanks all for your contributions.
Now - my quest...
My sister received a wonderful fairie tale book with delightfully intricate
and full colour pictures, - oh only a few years ago... The book was read so
often that it has begun to fall apart. I am wondering if there is anyone
or if someone knows of someone in the Memphis or Nashville area who would be
interested in re-binding it.
Some of the particulars about the book is that it is hardcover, measures 13"
long x 9 3/4 wide x 1" deep. Sections of the book were sewn first and then
the spine glued (the original spine is now missing). I would guess that the
book was printed in the early 60's and I think european made. The lady who
gave it was from Germany.
Lastly, any idea of what this sort of repair would cost?
Looking forward to replies.
Handmade paper artist