Re: Brittle Pages

Paralyne (I hope I spelled this right) is nice, but it's expensive and
requires heavy duty equipment. I remember ICI was offering it, or planning
to, back in the late 80's-early 90's. I haven't heard much about it since.
It is a polymer that is introduced into the book as a gas

There is really not much else one can do about it, simply and effectively,
other than perhaps encapsulating. Mending is usually futile.

Peter

>Does anyone out there have any methods, techniques, tricks, magic (?)
>that they use for conserving/restoring brittle pages?  Help!
>Kelley
>kme@xxxxxxxxxxx
>

>>Drink and be merry, for our time is short and death lasts forever<<

Peter D. Verheyen                                   <wk> 315.443.9937
Conservation Librarian                             <fax> 315.443.9510
Syracuse University Library          <email> pdverhey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Syracuse University               <www> http://web.syr.edu/~pdverhey/
Syracuse, NY 13244             <listmgr> Book_Arts-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx