[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Cliche verre
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Cliche verre
- From: "R. Williams" <Boillr@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 18:00:05 -0400
- Message-id: <199606242200.SAA23379@listserv.syr.edu>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Dear Ms. Sassen,
Cliche verre is a late 19th century photographic technique. I believe Degas,
among others, used this technique.
A piece of glass is coated with a black paint & then a drawing is scratched
on the coating. This "negative" is then exposed to photographic paper to make
a positive print.