Re: Books arts curriculum

  I would like to suggest to you that you get your hands on a copy of the
bibliography put out by G.T. Tanselle which he compiled for use in his
course at Columbia.  It is called Introduction to Bibliography and has
sections listing published work on such things as inks, bindings, typography,
printing and publishing history.  I think you will find it helpful in
chosing materials for your curriculum.  It is available from the Book
Arts Press, 114 Alderman Library, University of Virginia, Charlottesville
VA, 22903.  It used to be available for $15, but the price may have risen
a bit since I got my copy.
Dorothy A.
africa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx