Date: Thu, 27 Jun 96 11:21:36 EDT
From: Ann Puckett <APUCKETT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: law-lib@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: New York experts on old books

There may be a more appropriate list for this question, but I couldn't identify
it if so.  We have a huge set of documents from the New York legislature.  It
dates from roughly 1852 to 1967.  Spine title varies, but the earliest volumes
and the bulk of the set says Assembly Documents.  Spines are leather.  The set
is in terrible condition, red rot outside and brittle paper that won't take eve
n one fold inside.  My question: are these books valuable enough that I should
take steps to preserve them?  Feel free to forward this message if you know of
a more appropriate list.

Ann Puckett
Director of the Law Library and Professor of Law
University of Georgia School of Law Library
Athens GA 30602-6018
Phone (706)542-5078
Fax (706)542-5001
apuckett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx