Re: Artist Book Collection at The Museum of Modern Art

Actually, I stand corrected.  I confused Wabash and Van Buren somehow in a
previous note on this.  Both locations, the 37 South Wabash on the east side
of Wabash as well as Columbia College are in my mind's eye.  I received my
undergrad degree at Roosevelt University which is in the old
Sullivan-designed Auditorium Hotel a couple of blocks further south at
Congress extending from Wabash to Michigan Ave.  (Old nastalgia home week).

Jerry

At 01:17 AM 7/5/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Actually, as I stated in my former posting re Franklin Furnace at SAIC in
>Chicago, I neglected to give the actual address of the CHAMPLAIGN Building
>which is located at 37 South Wabash Ave. (a North/South Avenue...I have lived
>on N. Wabash now for 26 years) at the corner of Wabash and Monroe
>Street...(an East/West Street).  This building which has been owned by the
>School of the Art Institute for several years now, contains the Flaxman
>Library of which the Joan Flasch Artist's Book Collection is a part. As long
>as you are in the neighborhood, you might like to check out Columbia College
>Chicago Center for Book & Paper Arts which is located a block and a half
> South on Wabash at 218 ....7th. Floor.
>Come and enjoy Chicago!
>Bill Drendel

        Jerry Blaz/The BOOKie Joint
        7246 Reseda Blvd.
        Reseda, CA 91335  USA
        (818)345-2983/(818)343-1055
        ffdog@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a good book.
                Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read.
                                G. Marx