Re: Humument

This afternoon I looked up the interview with William S. Burroughs that
Phillips refers to in his notes at the back of _A Humument_.  I found it
to be helpful for understanding some of what he's up to in the project
-- critiquing standard methods of storytelling, undermining the
foundations of Western philosophy, using words & images together in new
ways to create shifts in consciousness.  Ya know, the big stuff.  :)

Anyway, the interview is in _The Paris Review_ #35 (Fall 1965), pp.
13-50.  The most pertinent pages (about cut-ups) are 21-31.  If you're
having a hard time finding it, let me know off-list; I can send you those
pages by regular mail.

Karen Schiff