Re-Creating Photo Album

I am in the process of making a book in the form of an old photo album from
the pictures and records passed down to me by my family.  I have replicated
unique old photos as well as birth and death certificates and now wish to
bind it using the hollow-post book screws which allow for a ribbon to be
passed thru the interiors of the screws and tied in a bow.  Can someone
pass along a source for these binding screw posts that have a center hole?
Am I correct that this was a standard form of binding?  Any resourses or
reproductions of 1920's-1930's family photo albums would be a great help.
Send e-mail directly or reply to the list as appropriate.

thanks,

david schlater

P.O. Box 3701
Moscow, Idaho 83843