[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re-Creating Photo Album
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re-Creating Photo Album
- From: David Schlater <schla932@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 11 Jul 1996 00:02:06 -0700
- Message-id: <199607110651.CAA26638@listserv.syr.edu>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I am in the process of making a book in the form of an old photo album from
the pictures and records passed down to me by my family. I have replicated
unique old photos as well as birth and death certificates and now wish to
bind it using the hollow-post book screws which allow for a ribbon to be
passed thru the interiors of the screws and tied in a bow. Can someone
pass along a source for these binding screw posts that have a center hole?
Am I correct that this was a standard form of binding? Any resourses or
reproductions of 1920's-1930's family photo albums would be a great help.
Send e-mail directly or reply to the list as appropriate.
P.O. Box 3701
Moscow, Idaho 83843