Re: Re-Creating Photo Album

At 12:02 AM 7/11/96 -0700, David Schlater wrote:
>I am in the process of making a book in the form of an old photo album from
>the pictures and records passed down to me by my family.  I have replicated
>unique old photos as well as birth and death certificates and now wish to
>bind it using the hollow-post book screws which allow for a ribbon to be
>passed thru the interiors of the screws and tied in a bow.  Can someone
>pass along a source for these binding screw posts that have a center hole?
>Am I correct that this was a standard form of binding?  Any resourses or
>reproductions of 1920's-1930's family photo albums would be a great help.
>Send e-mail directly or reply to the list as appropriate.
>
>thanks,
>

>david schlater
>

>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>P.O. Box 3701
>Moscow, Idaho 83843
>http://www.uidaho.edu/~schla932/
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I saw this query, particularly the portion about whether this was a
standard form of binding, I thought  of the perfect person to whom this
query could be addressed who I know would be delighted to help if he can.
He is a book dealer who specializes in such albums although I suspect most
of what he handles is earlier--but it is worth a try.  (He may even be
lurking on the list.)

His vital statististics are:

Ron Lieberman / The Family Album / ABAA
RR 1  -  Box 42 / Glen Rock, PA   17327  -  USA
Voice: (717) 235 - 2134 / Fax (717) 235 - 8765
Internet: RonBiblio@xxxxxxxxxx or RareBooks@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.auldbooks.com/biblio/clients/lieberman.html

Cheers, Louis H. Silverstein