[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: looking for slugs


Are you referring to metal type for hand-set letterpress printing?  The
cast lead alloy type (foundry type) is commonly used by many letterpress
print shops.  Depending on the size and type you need, a print shop in your
area may have some old metal type they might give you.  Look for a printer
with letterpress capabilities...

Good luck,
Chris Clark
Cave Dog Studio


>i am looking for old newspaper slugs (i believe that's what they're called)
>-- the lead, backwards letters that were used for printing. specifically i
>would like the letters: S, M, L.  capital or lowercase, preferably in a
>conservative block style. i haven't found old printing press stores in my
>area (midwest), and wondered if a catalogue of such gems existed.   it's for
>a present i'm making.
>|| SquareNote3.5, like index cards on your PC, available free.
>|| Email "sqn35net@xxxxxxx" for details.  Used for organizing
>|| research, collections, contacts, and keeping a daily journal.

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]