Re: Color fastness of computer printer inks

I've done a bit of experimenting with refilling inkjet cartridges - brown
worked quite well, and blue as well. Other colors were less successful.

I've considered occasionally refilling a color cartridge as you suggest, but
haven't ever actually done it - a print done with a normal color cartridge
and one loaded with brown in the place of black came out rather
interestingly though.

There is one company which makes a 3 color replacement cartridge for the
black cartridge in a Lexmark 4079, flourescent orange, brilliant green and
black. It comes with a special printer driver to make the new colors
available and facilitate the proofing of hexachrome graphics.

One thing I forgot to mention about the Citizen Printiva is that it also has
available optional metallic foil ribbons, metallic blue, gold and red - no
silver unfortunately. It'd be wonderful if they'd make available a
PostScript interpreter for the printer and Pantone(TM) or other spot color
ribbons.

William

William Adams

Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow