Dyeing Fabric

        I am in the process of dyeing some airplane linen and cotton muslin
        to use for cloth rebackings of 19th century publishers bindings.
        Would anyone like to share their technigue with me. I have used
        both acrylic paint and Dr. Martins dyes. I am also interested in
        how you allow them to dry (on plexi, hung, stretched) and if you
        add anything to the dye especially so it doesn't run or fade.
        thanks,
        denise carbone, assistant conservator
        American Philosophical Society
        E-mail: hkyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx