[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Dyeing Fabric
- From: Hedi Kyle <hkyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 13:31:57 -0400
- Message-id: <199607181731.NAA29949@listserv.syr.edu>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I am in the process of dyeing some airplane linen and cotton muslin
to use for cloth rebackings of 19th century publishers bindings.
Would anyone like to share their technigue with me. I have used
both acrylic paint and Dr. Martins dyes. I am also interested in
how you allow them to dry (on plexi, hung, stretched) and if you
add anything to the dye especially so it doesn't run or fade.
denise carbone, assistant conservator
American Philosophical Society