The Book in Colonial America

Summer greetings to all. I have written on the list before about teaching
bookmaking to kids and am in the process of preparing a new workshop for the
fall on the Book in Colonial AMerica. The students will be grades 1-6. I will
begin the session with some historical background and then each student will
make a blank book. I will be visiting Sturbridge Village (Sturbridge, MA) and
the American Antiquarian Society (Worcester, MA) to do research. I would also
like to visit a letterpress printer in this area (Newburyport, MA, about 30
miles north of Boston). I want to explain the printing process to the
students and perhaps have some type for them to see. I would appreciate any
recommendations for resources and books. Thank you.
Susan
Susan Kapuscinski Gaylord
gaylordsk@xxxxxxx