speaking of coloring and dyes...

  I am curious about the experience of others who have used the Orasol dyes
from Conservation Materials.  They are supposed to be made from a more
permanent pigment compound, rather than a traditional dye dyestuff, which can
be quite fugitive.  they are also supposed to be dispersable in alcohol-
which can be very convenient if time is a big factor.  Has any one used this
stuff on leather?  through a spay-bottle or airbrush?  for toning repair
tissues?  I've seen a piece of airplane linen dyed with it- and it was VERY
BLACK - a very difficult thing to acheive.

  In my experience I always used caustic soda instead of synthropol for
prewashing cloth, then mordanted- usually with alum.

Jake Benson