Re: Jenny- leather darkening ...

The reason that I was curious about the Orasol dyes is that I understand that
the conventional leather dyes such as hewitts and fiebings are aniline- a
coal tar derivative, therefor destructive to paper and cloth, although
leather is stable at a lower Ph than cellulotic materials.  They also have
the disadvantage of being pretty fugitive (not all are so bad)  and fading.
 Jake benson