Exhibits & GBW STANDARDS

>There will be a pre-conference visit to the Huntington and Kater-Craft with
>an exhibit of miniature bindings........and a great opportunity to meet
>colleages and  pay a visit to the vendors' room where you can buy beautiful
>"stuff".

In addition to those great attractions, there will also be a closing
reception at Scripps College's Library for the NEW GBW Exhibit which in its
final incarnation is titled PAPERBOUND. It features 21 bindings of Peter and
Donna Thomases sample book of western handmade papers from the US. The
exhibit will also be viewable online at <http://web.syr.edu/~pdverhey> by
the early September opening there. A catalog order form is already in place
for those who wish to save a few dollars ($20 + s/h vs $22 + s/h) and get a
free copy of 80 Years Later, the Guilds 1987 exhibit in the bargin.

After Scripps, the exhibit moves to the University of Rochester in
November/December, Columbia College in Chicago Jan-Mar, Smith College
April-June, and finally Ohio University July-August.

Check it out.

Peter

Syracuse University Library               <email>pdverhey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Syracuse, NY 13244                <Listowner>Book_Arts-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx