[no subject]

Greetings!  I am fairly new to the book collecting game so I have a couple
of rather basic questions.  First, many times I see in various catalogues
"A few copies printed on large paper."  What exactly is "large paper?"  Is it
simply a few copies printed larger than the rest of the printing?  Secondly,
how does on tell if the binding on an older book is the original, or if it has
been repaired or replaced?  I have seen several copies of the same book in
different bindings, so obviously, some of them had to have been rebound.

Thanks much,
Andrew Richmond
Kenyon College
richmonda@xxxxxxxxxx