[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Em and en-dash access [PC] (was Re: Fonts)
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Em and en-dash access [PC] (was Re: Fonts)
- From: "William F. Adams" <drmsmyth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 09:51:46 -0300
- Message-id: <199608271446.HAA16164@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>When will these computer fonts come with a nice em-quad
>instead of these dumb hyphens?)
For those using Windows (and I believe OS/2), there's a delightful program
which is freely distributed by DEC called COMPOSE. It emulates the compose
key on their old word processing systems, and allows mnemonic, systematic
access to special characters in most appliations.
It's available at the WINSITE FTP site and other places (such as AOL).
Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow