[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Handmade paper
- From: Mai Hua <mlhhua@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 15:35:51 -0700
- Message-id: <199608282236.PAA23474@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I'm trying to make paper with embedded flowers or leaves, but I just
can't seem to get it to look like the handmade paper I've seen at the stores.
Two problems in particular are 1) I can't get the flower petals to
actually become embedded in the paper (they only stay on the surface and
eventually fall off after the sheet is dried)
and 2) the finished sheet is very rough even though I press the sheets
after couching. Does anyone have any suggestions?