exhibition and lecture

I am not a member of your listserv book_arts-l, but I thought they might be
interested in this announcement.  Please post if you think it fits.
thank you.

Department of Printing and Graphic Arts, The Houghton Library, Harvard
University
                                            presents
THE NEW STORYTELLERS: ONE-OF-A-KIND ARTISTS' BOOKS IN BOSTON LIBRARIES AND
MUSEUMS

This exhibition will display over twenty-five one-of-a-kind books from the
collections of Boston area institutions, chiefly, The Houghton Library, The
Museum of Fine Arts, and Wellesley College.  Both national and
international artists are represented in the exhibition, on view from
Monday, Sept. 16 through Thursday, Oct. 31, 1996 in the Widener Memorial
Rotunda, Widener Library, Harvard University.  Hours are Monday-Friday,
9:30-4:30.

On Thursday, Oct. 3, 1996 the Philip and Frances Hofer Lecture: "The
Artist's Book: From Historical Precedents to Electronic Possibilities,"
will be delivered by Johanna Drucker, Associate Professor of Art History,
Yale University.  This will take place in the Widener Memorial Rotunda at
5:00, followed by a reception.

If you have any questions concerning these events, please contact me at the
addresses below.

Julie Mellby
Assistant Curator
Dept. of Printing & Graphic Arts
The Houghton Library                         617-495-2444
Harvard University                      fax: 617-495-1376
Cambridge, MA 02138         email: mellby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx