Re: Copyright-copywrite

Michael E. Morin wrote:

> The publishers will defend their copyrighted material if pirated AND if
> the offense is worth defending in court (read $$$) but to use the risks of
> mass publishing to create a piracy snare net is just a plain dumb way to
> attempt to make money.

   But some publishers do insert "errors" into text to catch competitors
who copy their material. Dictionary and encyclopedia publishers in
particular have been known to use this technique. Not to "attempt to
make money", mind you, but to stop pirating.

--
Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxx hseaver@xxxxxxxxxxx
The fundamental delusion of humanity is that I am in here -- and you