Re: Bookness

>1. First, I'll set the record straight on the attribution of the term
>"bookness." ...
> I would also be surprised if I were the
>first to add the suffix "-ness", indicating "having the quality of," to the
>word "book." It's sort of an ordinary thing to do.

This business about "bookness" is a pretty silly tempest in a teapot.
Philosophers have been referring to properties this way (the property of
being a book = bookness) since Aristotle.

Steven D. Hales
Assistant Professor                     email: hales@xxxxxxxxxx
Department of Philosophy                phone: (717) 389-4229
Bloomsburg University                   fax: (717) 389-2094
Bloomsburg, PA 17815