[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

medallion books

I am a designer who does a lot of work on the history of design at the
Lilly Library in Bloomington, Indiana, and I have a question. I was
looking at some books with a rare book cataloger today. They are shallow
round metal boxes; a lid and a bottom. With images and text stamped on
the lids. They have printed disks inside, some held like an accordian
fold book but by being glued to ribbon. The cataloger wnats to be sure to
name these items accurately. Does anyone know if medallion books is a
common term? Is there a better one?

Thanks for any information. I can be reached at reidhaar@xxxxxxxxxxx and
the cataloger can be reached at cape@xxxxxxxxxxxx

James Reidhaar

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]