Re: Removing glue and labels from book spines

On Tue, 1 Oct 1996, Steven D. Hales wrote:

> Noriko,
>
> Another classic solvent is lighter fluid (the cigarette kind), also called
> white gas. This works well on paper and vinyl, and evaporates cleanly. I
> might add that it is also the magic bullet for getting sticky labels off of
> glassware.
>
> Steve
I aggree with Steve.  I seem to have an unlimited supply of vinyl covered
notebooks because I must be the only person on campus that knows that
lighter fluid removse the adhesive residue from paper labels.  Same works
for computer disks as well.  I'd open a window just to be safe(r).

     M I C H A E L   M O R I N                M.F.A., M.L.S.

Director Celtic Press               Instructional Media Librarian
  Buffalo  New York                  D'Youville College Library
                    ba202@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
         Co-Moderator Buffalo Free-Net Preservation SIG